Thursday, January 26, 2012

A new job

When Colby was born in November I went on maternity leave from teaching. I was all set to come back at the end of February, thankful for the holidays that made for an extra long maternity leave. Then came our little man and my whole world changed. And so last week, I went up to my school to turn in my resignation. And now I have started the new job of being Colby's mom... best job ever :)

I will certainly miss my class, but they had a great long-term substitute who will be able to finish the year with them. The hardest part is saying goodbye to my team. I LOVE this team! They have prayed for Colby, prayed for me, helped me make it to doctor's appts, and generally been my best friends since we moved to Katy. I will miss them like crazy! Teaching is a hard job but working with these ladies made it doable. I took Colby up to school with me when I shared my plans with them... you can't be mad at a lady with a baby ;) Of course they were so supportive of me, as they always are. I hope that when my stay at home days come to an end I will be able to rejoin these ladies... there are no better teachers around!
Colby with my door buddy and mentor teacher, Mrs. Richmond. She knew before I did that I would be staying at home... she's a wise lady :)
I love WoodCreek Elementary and all of the teachers there... hopefully somebody around there will need a substitute next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment