Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

and another sweet meeting! So we've met cousin Lexy, Trystan, and now Colby got to meet Maggie Rose! Lauren, who has been in my life longer than she hasn't (like 20 years Lauren... if I'm calculating that right!!!), had her sweet girl before Christmas... just weeks after Colby. Really, I loe being a mom with her. I can't even count how many calls and texts have been sent in the middle of the night asking each other for help and offering encouragement. Something so reassuring about figuring out what to do with a sweet baby in the dark of the night when you know your best friends are just a text away.

Anyway... as we are all new to this baby thing, we decided a New Year's Eve celebration in our pj's with sparkling cider was in order. The evening may or may not have consisted of snacks, feedings, diaper changes, and talk of how crazy all of this baby business is. Neither the Maas or Turner families made it to midnight, although we were both probably up again shortly after :) What a sweet way to ring in the New Year! We are so blessed to have such friends in our lives that we can wear pj's and be real with... diapers and all. Hopefully Lauren won't hate me for the pj pics!

Colby and I ready to party :)
Colby is wearing his New Year's shirt from Gran and Grandad

Sweet Maggie Rose (is that a song title? I think it should be) with Colby

And all of us in our pj's
Looks like an amazing 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I'm so happy that you're blogging! Colby is sooo cute and I'm so excited for you and Rick on this parenthood adventure!! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, don't hate you. That was such a fun and well-timed night. Just what we needed. Can't tell you how much it means to me either, to walk this road with you. I don't know how I'd do it otherwise!! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete