Sunday, December 11, 2011

A memorable Thanksgiving

Because Colby was born two days before Thanksgiving, we had already had our Thanksgiving celebration with family. We planned to still be in the hospital and I am really glad we did! Somewhere along the way, a lot of our family came down with some sort of stomach virus. In turn, Rick and I came down with it some time in the day after Colby was born. C-section recovery + stomach virus is not a winning combination! But I will forever be grateful that it came in the hospital where there were people to take care of me and Colby rather than the day we came home from the hospital. I feel horrible because several sweet friends tried to stop by and meet Colby, and I was completely out of it! By Thanksgiving Day we were feeling a lot more human and were very relieved to be done with that sickness. Here is our little turkey:

The next day we were finally ready to head home with our sweet love. He got all dressed in his coming home outfit complete with a hat made for him by his Nana. I was relieved to see the outside of the hospital and head home!

Here we are at home with our family of three.

We were very anxious for Macy to meet Colby and it was completely anti-climactic. I say that with gratitude. She checked him out a little and then went about her business. So far that is basically what she does. So long as there is a spot for her to snuggle in she is a happy camper. Here she is just checking on things.


We certainly have plenty to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment