Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Love

So last Mother's Day we had Colby's dedication at church and lots of our family over to our house for brunch.  It was the opposite of relaxing!  This Mother's Day was the complete opposite.  I basically had the perfect day in my book.  Rick brought Colby in to our bed in the morning and he was so precious and snuggly I could have stayed there all day.  We enjoyed church and lunch together.  Then I went to a movie AND got a pedicure!  Dinner with my mom and family topped off the perfect day.
Getting to be a mom is more in every way than I thought it would be.  I feel like a lot is said about what hard work it is and that is true.  But the privilege of it... the incredible honor of it... is really unspeakable.  I don't know when it happened, but at some point this year God really opened my eyes to the truth that THESE are the days.  This is the good stuff... wide eyes at new experiences, uncontrolled laughter at apparently nothing, tiny hands holding fingers, and a head laid down sideways on your shoulder.  A front row seat to all of that is the very best place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment