Sunday, July 22, 2012

8 months!

Really?  8 months?  That seems way too big.  I can't even handle it.  This month was another huge one with milestones.  Colby is loving summer and having daddy home all of the time.  He is definitely on the move!  Here are a few things he is up to.
New this month:
- Pulling up on everything!
- "real" crawling a little but then drops down to an army crawl
- more sounds... everything sounds like mama
- first steps with the support of a box and then with a walker
- still just two teeth but I am sure the top two are on their way.  He does this funny thing where he does his mouth like someone who forgot to put their dentures in :)
Sleeping:
Through the night.  Let's just all say hallelujah!  He goes to sleep around 7:30 or 7:45 and gets up around 7 or 7:30.  Two naps on most days.  When he learned to sit up on his own it really disrupted his sleep a lot.  As of yet that has not happened with pulling up.  He has only done it a little in his crib but gets down fine.
Eating:
Nursing 5 times a day and eating solids 3 times a day (we just recently added lunch).  He has a serious puffs addiction.  I often have to hide the container while we eat and those are "desert." When I pull out the container he kicks his feet and bangs on the tray.  The same foods are his favorites and in general he is just eating more.  I feel like we are getting in a rut so I'm looking into some finger foods and things we can try.
Favorites:
- being outside (swinging, swimming, going on walks)
- riding in his new car ;)
- exploring new places
- pulling up (funniest was when he pulled up on the refrigerator and then kissed his reflection, grossest was when I found him pulling up on the toilet!)
- I'm going to say me!  Daddy has always, and will always, be a favorite.  But he gives me kisses on the mouth but won't give them to Rick.  He hugs and loves on me all of the time but would prefer to climb on Rick.
I love that he is babbling more and laughing so much.  I know it won't be long until one of those mamas is directed at me.  I also don't know that it will be that long until we are seeing our first steps.  Impossible :)  He is still so affectionate and is a sweet sweet boy.  This is such a fun stage and we are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment