Monday, April 9, 2012

David

Colby's first name is a name that Rick and I both love and that is really the only reason that we picked it. Since we are both teachers, there are lots of names that are ruled out because one of us had a child with that name that wasn't our favorite student! Colby's middle name, David, is my dad's name. Before we even knew we were having a son, I knew that if we did I would want him to have a part of my dad's name. My parents are both incredible people. My dad is kind, generous, loyal, fair, hard-working, loving, a gentleman, intelligent, a great husband (from a daughter's perspective), and an amazing dad. All of these things are things I pray for Colby to become.

In the last couple of weeks we've also started to see some physical resemblance between these two. Here is a picture of my dad as a little boy and one of Colby to compare:

I am so proud to have my little Colby David have such a wonderful David to look up to in his Grandad. One day Colby will be too. He certainly already loves his Grandad.


No comments:

Post a Comment