Monday, May 28, 2012

Road Trip

This weekend we went on a road trip to East Texas!  My mom's family is from Henderson and we were headed there for her Uncle Joe's 80th birthday.  We went by way of Tyler to visit my Uncle and cousin and of course experience lots of firsts for the little buddy!  He did so great in the car for the trip.  We arrived in Tyler and checked in for C's first night in a hotel.
This if fun!
Time to stretch out/roll around after being stuck in the carseat.
Let me check out this cool chair :)
This hotel had an indoor pool which I thought would be great for C's first time in the water.  He LOVED it!  It seems like this boy will love the water and that makes us so happy.



Then C got to meet some of our family on my mom's side.  We all went to dinner and enjoyed catching up.
Colby with my cousin, Laura, and her husband Kevin
With Uncle Bill
Uncle Roy sure is fun :)
Colby loved both Laura and Uncle Bill.  He was giving out kisses and jumping all over the place.  We visited back at Uncle Bill's house and then headed back to the hotel.  I truly was really skeptical that Colby would sleep very well there.  We were out past his bedtime and we were all right there in the same room.  But that boy went to sleep and slept just like he does at home.
The next day we had lunch and then headed to Henderson for the party.  By this time, Colby had tuckered out a little after entertaining everyone and doing so many new things.  But we had fun seeing some extended relatives!
Gran introducing C to Aunt Mary who is my grandfather's sister
Grandmother and Aunt Mary
I can't believe I didn't get a picture with Uncle Joe, but he seemed to really enjoy the party!  We had a great weekend and are glad to be headed into the last week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment